Friday, July 13, 2007

Home Again Home Again

After 900 miles of non-stop driving, most of it by Victoria, I actually got to sleep in my own bed last night.
Niagara Falls lived upto all of the hype. I hesitate to use this word becuase it has become a cliche', but the word fits better than any other I can imagine. The place is "awesome".
We got up early and took the Maid of the Mist tour right up to the edge of both the American and the Canadian falls. If anybody else is considering this be prepared to get absolutely soaked. The kids had a blast.
After that we went and did the Cave of the Winds tour. Not sure how it got that name, since there isn't a cave involved, but the series of decks and staircases leads you right up to the base of Bridal Veil Falls. I was really tickled at how brave the kids were when they walked right up into the water and let it dowse them pretty good.
We drove over to Canada to see the other side of the falls. The first thing I noticed about the country was how much cleaner it was than the New York side. It's not that the U.S. side was dirty, It wasn't that bad, but in comparison the Canadian side looked freshly manicured and vacumed. I tried for about twenty minutes to get some pictures of the rainbow in the mist of the falls but didn't manage to get one that did the place justice.We spent a few hours "Up north, eh" and bought a couple Canadian soveniers and then came back to our hotel on the New York side.
We swam for an hour at the pool and then went to watch the fireworks from observation point.
I think the kids are ready for a return trip to Canada in a few years. After what I've seen they have my support too.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:48 AM

    I see the rainbow in the photo. That is so beautiful. Very good photography.

    Sounds like yall are really have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete