Monday, May 12, 2008

Barr? Libertarian?

So as if our current election cycle isn't weird enough, Bob Barr has now announced that he is going to try to be the Libertarian party candidate. I will allow anybody to change their opinions on any issue. But this just smacks of political opportunism. Barr's voting record shows a blatant disregard for personal liberties. His actions show that he is economically and socially conservative. His campaign against John Linder a few years ago also shows that he will do whatever it takes to stay in power.
It'll take more than putting an L after your name for me to believe that you've changed Bob.

1 comment:

  1. I can't remember where I first read it, but when I saw Bob Barr saying he was going to try to be the Libertarian candidate I told Laura that I wasn't going to have anyone to vote for in November.

    ReplyDelete