Sunday, January 06, 2008

Global Warming Denial

As I was reading my Sunday School lesson for this week I first came across the following phrase in 1 Nephi 19:23
"...for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning."
We are taught that we shouldn't just think about what was going on at the time these words were written but that we should also apply the same lessons and logic to our day. So, with this in mind I continued on reading the scriptures that the guide had suggested. Sometimes I find scriptural support for my political opinions but typically it's not nearly as direct as this one.
Mormon 8:31
"Yea, it shall come in a day when there shall be great pollutions"... "when there shall be many who will say, Do this, or do that, and it mattereth not, for the Lord will uphold such at the last day. But wo unto such, for they are in the gall of bitterness and in the bonds of iniquity."
Now let me think. If I liken this scripture to our day, who could this scripture possibly be speaking about? What group of people is out there and inspite of the "great pollution" is claiming that it mattereth not what we do about it?
I've always had very little patience for those who want to deny that global warming is happening. Apparently I'm in good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment