Monday, September 03, 2007

A nice rest from our labors.

The kids spent the night at various friends and Grandparents' houses so Victoria and I had a rare chance to sleep in for a couple extra hours. After we woke up and read a couple chapters in our books we gathered up Rachel and headed to Granny and Grandpa's house.
We spent a couple hours just relaxing in front of a "Dirty Jobs" marathon before we found a great program on the History Channel based on the textbooks that I used for my college astronomy classes. If you get a chance to see it The Universe is a great program. It is about as up to date as you can get, including dark matter, dark energy and even a detailed section on the demotion of Pluto from a planet to a trans-Neptunian object. I highly recommend it.
After an hour of so of this Aaron, Noah and I ran over to Boat Rock for a couple of hours. In 1988 Shortly after I'd purchased my first pair of rock climbing shoes I drove over to Boat Rock with a friend and Easy Crack (5.8) was one of the first true crack climbs that I ever climbed. Granted the route is only about 20' tall but it'll always hold special memories for me. So I was particularly thrilled that Aaron was able to move through the route today, without a rope and in amazingly good form. He actually climbed the route 4 times. The first two times I was a very overly protective father/spotter. The last two times I was able to relax a little bit more and got a few pictures and even a nice little video of the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment