Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Small Talk

As you may have noticed I haven’t been blogging nearly as much as I did a year or so ago. Well having to talk to a lawyer about something I posted has that effect. But the truth is I was loosing a little motivation to blog for months before then.
I don’t like talking about shallow subjects. I like talking about things that matter, things that interest me, topics that I'm concerned about and my person struggles. Predominantly these issues fall in the categories of things that other people are very opinionated about. I’ve been given the typical family party advice several times. “Don’t talk about religion politics or controversial subjects.” Well I’m not comfortable with that kind of small talk. If we’re not talking about things that really matter then why talk at all?
I blog about things that matter to me. This is a place for me to voice my concerns about things that may upset you if you disagree with my position. Please feel free to leave a comment no matter which side of the issue you may take. I'd much rather have an honest open disagreement on something that matters than be forced to agree on something like which actresses are gaining weight.

1 comment: