Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Victoria

When I showed my co-workers a book that Victoria had designed with several of her scrapbook layouts that she has posted on her blog. I had a nice grin as I accepted comments like, “Wow! She’s a talented lady.” and “You’re a lucky man”.

When I share stories of our efforts to home-school Aaron and the burden that Victoria has on her shoulders many of the same people comment, “Wow, She’s a patient lady. You’re lucky to have her.”

While they’re stressing what kind of jewelry to get their wives for birthday’s or anniversaries I share my stories of how she eschews jewelry and opts for a weed eater instead. “Wow! She’s a handy lady” “You’re a lucky man.”

When I tell them that she laid the hardwood floor in the living room, pretty much by herself again I hear, “Wow! What a tough lady” “You’re a lucky man.”

When I bought a new truck and my friends asked “How’d you talk her into the four-wheel drive?” and I responded, “The four-wheel drive was her idea.” They respond, “Wow, Where can I find a girl like that?”

Frequently when I’m stuck in a little eddy of my life she is there to provide just the nudge that I need to get back in the flow. “Wow! She is so understanding.” “I’m a very lucky man.”

Today my bride turns another year older. I am thankful for every second that she continues to allow me to be a part of her life. All of the comments that my friends have voiced about her are absolutely true. And that’s just the Victoria that they see. Once you get to know her you’ll find that these are just the tips of the icebergs that peek above the waves. I can honestly say that I whole-heartedly agree with the follow up quotes given above. “I am a very lucky man.”

I love you.

Happy Birthday, Slick

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a sweet message. Happy Birthday Victoria!

    ReplyDelete