Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Random Acts of Kindness

Every now and then I find something on television that is very profound. Very rarely does this wisdom come in the form of a commercial. However, there is one commercial that I have seen a few times that is very uplifting and moving. Far too much of the news is focused on the negative aspects of our society. Liberty Mutual has been airing a commercial that has people just helping each other throughout what appears to be a rainy day in a busy downtown area.
Take a minute and watch this link: Liberty Mutual Commercial
This 60 second work of art reminds me of the bumper sticker, “Commit Random Acts of Kindness and Senseless Beauty”.
I like the very last deed where the whole cycle comes full circle. Buddhists would call this "karma". No matter what your theology decides to call it I believe that the principle taught in this short ad is something to which we should all aspire. I have a long way to go. However, thanks to the imagery of this ad these lessons will not be far from my mind.

“Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds.”
-Buddha-

No comments:

Post a Comment